Becoming a Durban Adaptation Charter Signatory
Local authorities around the world are invited to sign the Durban Adaptation Charter which indicates their commitment to the ten DAC principles guiding locally appropriate climate adaptation action. The benefits of becoming a DAC signatory include:
- Becoming part of a global network of local authorities that are implementing climate adaptation actions, and are connected through a global ‘network of networks’ model consisting of Regional Hubs, Local Compacts, and Regional Partnerships.
- Receive regular notification of climate adaptation related opportunities such as training and capacity building, finance, news and events.
- Learn from other local authorities facing similar challenges.
- Representation of Regional Hub and Local Compact challenges to the implementation of climate adaptation actions at global platforms and other significant events through the DAC.
- All signatories are encouraged and supported to report directly through the Reporting link on the DAC website into the carbonn Climate Registry, which can be accessed from the DAC website, and enables signatories to draw useful summary reports and analysis on their progress.
If you represent a local authority that wishes to sign the Charter, please fill in the form below and on completion, click on ‘submit’, which will ensure that your application gets to the DAC Secretariat who will then make contact with you to take the application process forward. Please therefore ensure that you provide accurate and adequate contact information to enable the Secretariat to make contact with you.