The Climate Change Adaptation in Food Security and Natural Resource Management is a short course designed by Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation that is organised to focus on translation of policy documents and research into climate-smart adaptation strategies. The course will take place in Uganda and will focus on the following themes:
1. Understanding climate change (concepts such as adaptation and mitigation, causes and risks) and implications for food security, agriculture and natural resource management
2. Concepts and assessment of vulnerability, resilience, coping strategies and sustainable development processes;
3. Climate smart agriculture and natural resource management;
4. Examples of adaptation strategies to climate change;
5. Policy making processes, advocacy and integrating climate change issues into existing policy processes and rural development strategies.
Deadline for applications is 19 December 2016. For more information, please visit The Wageningen UR website. Applicants requiring funding should seek funding from the suggested fellowships funding options provided on The Wageningen website.