The High Commission of Canada in South Africa is accepting proposals from local NGOs and other grassroots organisations for its Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) which aims to strengthen Canada’s relationships with civil society and local communities and to build networks of contacts in countries around the world. The focus areas are:
1. Championing inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity, and human rights
2. Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls
3. Addressing climate change and enhancing environmental sustainability
4. Stimulating sustainable and green economic growth
5. Promoting stability and security
Applications are open to municipal, regional or national government institutions. Local academic institutions working on local projects and international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organisations and agencies working on local development activities are invited to apply. Eligible Countries: South Africa, Madagascar, Lesotho, Namibia and Mauritius. Deadline for applications is 29 May 2016. For more information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.